Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Check and Check!

Hello and Happy Monday!  It is the beginning of a new week and I am excited to have a few things checked off my To Do list... you know, the non essential to do list.  First of all, I finished those dining room chairs that I begged Mr. Hughes for:


I painted them a light, light grey and added a little more cushion... you know... for our bottoms *wink* You will be pleased to know they are no longer stuffed with crunchy horsehair.  Then, I covered them in a charcoal grey linen.  I wanted a fun pattern to play off the pattern in our draperies, but in the end, I really ended up liking the solid.  It matches the ribbon on the draperies and also the face of my vintage clock.

Then I did this quick and easy project by following Ashley Ann's simple steps:


So easy!  baby hughes says they are snowflakes (and you know I love snowflakes) so maybe I will put them away until Christmas.  But, for now I will enjoy them.



As for the finish on the chairs...hmm... where do I start?  Well, let's just say that I was less than happy with a certain big name company that produces primer.  I tried a new formula.  It seems to have clashed with the paint that I always use.  In short, the paint never dried in some areas.  That has never happened (part of it is the lovely heat and humidity that we are having, I am sure.)  And I had painted 3 chairs.  So, what to do?  Do I strip and repaint the 3 and not use the primer on any of them or do I paint the remaining ones with the primer and hope to get the same results?  At this point, I had taken sandpaper and a drywall trowel to them.  And, I was sort of digging the look.  So I went with it.  And it looks pretty authentic.... like layers and layers of paint had been worn down by years instead of my vengeful hands.


I call it "Accidentally Authentic." And if you want me to recreate this finish for you, there will be an upcharge *wink*  And, since the dining room is once again finished (for now!) I thought I would show you what it looked like almost 5 years ago soon after we moved in...


And now, from a slightly different camera view...


We have changed the chairs and the draperies and have taken some things down and put some up.  That wall color will remain though.  I always love change, but that is the one wall color in the house that hasn't been up for change in all the time we have lived here.  Okay, kids, I have to get some invites out for someone's 3rd birthday.  Oh, and I read that book on my to do list too! check, check, check!!

bye for now!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar