You find us awash with Trumps here in the UK. I was very taken with the photo of Larry the Downing Street cat sitting under 'the Beast', Donald Trump's presidential limousine, which had no doubt been flown over here at great expense for the three-day visit. Anyway, I am hoping someone got down on their hands and knees and checked that Larry had moved off to safety before driving away. Otherwise I fear Mr Trump would find himself a little unpopular... The nation is very attached to Larry, who was later pictured on the windowsill licking his, well, himself. Dear Larry. We are of course reading all sorts of symbolism into the whole thing.
Anyway, there is only one day left, after which we can return to our normal state of political drama and obsession over the cricket scores. Never mind the world cup, we are deep in the cricket season in this house and the washing machine is groaning as it tries to get the whites white. Bats have been handed down from big brother to smaller brother, and the biggest boy is developing a nice line in bat refurbishment, sanding, oiling, repairing and regripping things. I am huffing about the sawdust and smell of linseed oil. Is it linseed oil that bursts into flames if you leave it on a rag to dry? I can't remember. I'm hoping not.
I am currently in a complete willpower slump. I would like to be eating less, but alas, by 3pm each day all of the self-discipline has totally evaporated. By the evening I am just throwing crisps down my neck willy nilly and rummaging through the the fridge for tasty morsels. Where does the willpower go during the day? I am a fabulous model of self-control all morning, then it just crumbles. Ooh, crumble, I have just remembered, there is orange and rhubarb crumble. And I have cream. Happy sigh. No, it's hopeless, I cannot resist.
I am even being sucked back into the evil that is coffee. I'm always so envious of those people who drink water and eat raw food all day and bounce around with all the energy. Maybe I need to be locked in a detox facility until it sticks. I think a new habit takes around three weeks to form.
Any tips for being healthy gratefully received.
PS: I have just googled linseed oil and discovered that yes, it can indeed burst into flames on a rag without a spark. So now I am wondering where all the rags have been left. And what that orange glow is coming from the garage...
0 Yorumlar