Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekend Cooking: Pin It and Do It Wrap-up


Trish's  Holiday Pin It and Do It Challenge officially ends on Monday, so I'll wrap things up by sharing a few Christmas week pins.  After my somewhat disappointing attempts at fall decor, I decided to return to recipes. All photos are from Pinterest... I was too busy cooking.

Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup
We love soup, and I wanted to have a couple varieties on hand when the girls came home. Twin A's request for sweet potato soup lead to one of my first pins (pinned 34 weeks ago via Care onto my Soup & Stew board), but the soup actually tasted more like cauliflower than sweet potatoes. The garam masala, purchased especially for this recipe, added depth to the flavor. Only one of the girls liked it as much as I did and my husband didn't even try it. I'm not sure whether I'll make it again.


Brie and Raspberry Phyllo Cups
A member of my book club always brings these tasty treats to our summer pot luck dinner. I wanted to serve them as an appetizer on Christmas Eve, but wasn't sure of the baking time or temperature. I went searching for a recipe and pinned it - simple, elegant, and delicious.


Green Beans Almondine
Also prepared for Christmas Eve dinner, but I've never used an actual recipe. The shallots were a flavorful addition. I will definitely use this pinned recipe again.

Gingerbread Pancakes
As soon as I repinned this recipe from Amanda, I knew it would be served for Christmas breakfast. We substituted plain Greek yogurt for sour cream. Topped with sauteed pears, this recipe is definitely a keeper!


Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
I needed a vegetable casserole for Christmas dinner and decided to try something new. This pin from McCormick was a big hit.

These five recipes, combined with my fall pins, land me in the 'Pin Obsessed' category - very fitting! Thanks again for hosting, Trish.


Weekend Cooking, hosted at Beth Fish Reads, is open to anyone who has a food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up over the weekend.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar