Thanks to the Insecure Writer's Support Group meeting last week, I met some great new blogger friends and learned of a fun upcoming blogfest. As soon as I read about the I'm Hearing Voices! Character Blogfest, I knew I had to participate, as I totally love the title. Not that I hear voices in my head or anything like that. ;)
I'm Hearing Voices is hosted by Cassie Mae at Reading, Writing, and Lovin' it! and Angie at Live to Write...Edit when Necessary. Here are the details, from Cassie and Angie's sites:
February 6th - Monday: Characters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers).I thought this blogfest sounded like an opportunity to not only have fun, but also stretch my writing muscles, and possibly find ways to more fully flesh out my characters in the process. I think writing the posts will be a great challenge.
1. What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
2. What do people believe about you that is false?
3. What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
4. What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
5. What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
February 8th - Wednesday - Dialogue Introduction: Have two characters introduce each other using only dialogue—no backstory, no internalization, just dialogue between the two. Max 250 words.
February 10th - Friday - Emotion Flash Fiction: Emotion is the engine of a story. Pick an emotion and in a flash fiction piece of 250 words MAKE us feel it! We want to connect with your character. This will be a challenge in 250 words.
In addition to the writing challenges, Cassie and Angie are also offering prizes as part of the blogfest. If you want to participate and take your shot at winning some great prizes, just go here to sign up. Thanks to Cassie and Angie for hosting this fun event!
And speaking of fun blogfests, the fabulous A-Z in April Challenge is right around the corner! Sign up begins on January 30 and, in addition to many familiar hosts, there are a few new members of the A-Z team this year.
I had such a great time with last year's challenge that I knew I wanted to sign up again, but I was having a terrible time trying to come up with post topics or any sort of unifying theme. Last year I had just "winged it," and I really wanted to be more prepared this year, but I was drawing a blank in my preparations.
Until yesterday, when I had to go to the dentist to get a crown. Not a fun task but, amazingly enough, it gave me the theme I've been searching for. I was waiting in the lobby and looking around at the pictures on the wall. Out of the blue, one of the pictures gave me an idea for my theme! I spent the rest of the day running over topics in my head, and getting more and more excited. This is definitive proof to me that you sure never know where inspiration will hit. It might even be at the dentist's office!
Visit the A-Z Challenge site to learn all about the April event. If you are new to the Challenge and unsure about whether or not to sign up, I couldn't recommend it more. If you're anything like me, it will be the best blogging decision you make this year.

0 Yorumlar