Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Time Travel

Okay, some players involved in the last session's big battle aren't available this Friday.  We talked about what to do this session and the idea of a "flashback" came up.  We would play a session that jumps back a week or two before the battle.

But what happens if someone who is supposed to make it to the battle dies this Friday?  And that got me thinking about time travel in general.  That reminded me that I'd made a joke last session referencing Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (I am truly a sophisticated DM).  And that seemed perfect.

What if I have the party encounter a location that allows for time travel, or at least sending objects through time.  Then they can send something to their beleaguered selves-- maybe put some healing potions or scrolls under that bridge.  I'm thinking of a round tower that players can cycle dioramas through.  Some of these dioramas they will recognize as past events, some as the future battle.  And they can alter those events by placing things in the diorama. Maybe a room has thousands of little golden objects and they have to choose from them items they want to place.  Or maybe I just give my players a lump of modeling clay and ask them to sculpt what they want to place.

That would be a little limiting, in that they couldn't visit their future or past selves, but it seems more interesting to try to come up with items that might help.

Have you ever messed with time travel in your campaigns?  If you were involved in the battle of Nidus and had an opportunity midway to "stack the deck," what would you want to place?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar